Friday, October 31, 2008

Pallin' Around

"Don't you realize this is the last act of a desperate man?"

"We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth. We're getting out of here."


Okay, now this is just getting silly. Really. Is anybody at the Republican National Headquarters listening to what they're doing? Apparently not, or at least their voice actors on the robocalls have never heard of the Republican Vice Presidential nominee.

Look, I want to make it clear. I used to be a conservative. I voted for Reagan. I voted for the George Herbert Walker Bush. I marched in a parade with John Boehner back in Hamilton, Ohio. I worked at WLW, for crying out loud. It's not like I was raised by hippies, or wolves, or hippie wolves or something.

But this stuff coming out of the McCain campaign is straight out of the 1950's. The Commies are coming! The Commies are coming! Hell, with congress being run by liberal extremists, they're already here. This stuff is not just embarrassing to the GOP, it's embarrassing to the entire human race.

Robo Call just rang me again a few minutes ago. "Joe" told me how appalled he was that Obama said that Georgia should "show restraint" in the face of Russia's military action back this summer. You may recall both sides needed to show restraint, but that's beside the point. Joe shows well-inflected outrage at this, and asks is this what Obama will say when "Putin invades our homeland." Really. I'm not making this up.

So, Russia is marching towards America. And only McCain can stop them. That's funny. No, really. The answering machine recorded it, and I'm saving that one for history. Who needs Comedy Central with these bozos on the phone? But wait, it gets better. At the end of the message, the voice actor - and he is an actor, okay? They paid a guy to do this. - says this message was approved by the "McCain Pallin' Campaign."

I had to listen a second time to make sure I heard it right. Yes. That's what he said. He pronounced America's favorite MILF with a short "a" like we're just hanging out with my pal Sarah, and we're just Sarah pallin' around.

I'm dying. And I swear, I am not making this up.

That's the truly scary part.

Happy Halloween.

1 comment:

Charles said...

Steve,

Nice blog.
Some of us blog in words....some of use photos.
Whatever we use it is nice to give our opinion without fear of being shut down by the "censorship police".
Only in the United States of America can we get away with it.
Keep on posting on your blog.
Oh! By the way don't let those political signs in my front yard bother you.
They get taken down election day.

Charles